At Bacanora, we view sustainability as a fundamentally guiding principle of both our development strategy and our overall business strategy. As such, we are dedicated to delivering on our commitments to our shareholders, clients, employees, partners and other stakeholders.
We believe that transparency and ethical behaviour are central to any successful company and undertake all development with respect to the environment and neighbouring communities. We seek to do this by:
- Minimising our environmental impacts;
- Fulfilling all requirements, legal and otherwise, applicable to the Organisation;
- Identifying new ways to foster positive relationships within the local community;
- Safeguarding our people’s health and wellbeing, as well as positive relationships in the work environment; and
- Ensuring business sustainability for our shareholders and our partners.
We continuously review and improve our sustainability policy and productivity systems to ensure we meet these objectives.
The Board believes that the promotion of a corporate culture based on sustainability, sound ethical values, and behaviours is essential to maximise shareholder value.
The Company maintains a Code of Conduct that includes clear guidance on what is expected of every employee and officer of the Company. Adherence of these standards is a key factor in the evaluation of performance within the Company, including during annual performance reviews. The Code of Conduct is included on the Company’s website and has been translated into Spanish for use in our operations in Mexico.