Senior Buyer (for Sonora, Mexico)
Responsible for making all strategic purchases for the project to include sourcing and qualifying vendors, creating and soliciting RFx documents, managing bid processes, and negotiating supply contracts for quality, pricing, terms and delivery.
- Source and qualify providers of goods and services to ensure compliance with Company policies and alignment with Company values.
- Understand procurement requirements and prepare RFx packages to support project execution and development of purchase contracts.
- Arrange for bid meetings, technical clarification, site visits, etc. as appropriate
- Provide commercial analysis of tender submissions, evaluation and recommendation for contract award. Ensure that the tender process is transparent and equitable.
- Negotiate price, terms and conditions to meet short-term and long-term Company requirements while fostering healthy supplier relationships.
- Maintain a base of suppliers through routine qualification and performance review.
- Monitor procurement process KPIs and provide reporting to ensure that agreed terms, pricing and delivery are met.
- Qualified in a relevant discipline (Engineering, Petro-Chemical, Industrial)
- Minimum of 10 years relevant work experience.
- Experience with EPC Projects as Client or Engineer.
- Mining and/or Petro-Chemical experience preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Advanced grammar skills, fluent in English and Spanish
- Effective negotiator
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Efficient planning and organizational skills
- Self-starter and attentive to detail
If your profile fits the position description, please send your resume to: email@example.com
Project Manager (for Sonora, Mexico)
Responsible of the evaluation, execution and development of the construction of the project, ensuring all requirements followed by the construction contractors are in alignment with the specifications previously set by the company. Will be managing all related infrastructure/utilities packages, including detailed design, civil and structural construction, quality control, mechanical completion, commissioning and hand-over work by providing technical and functional leadership that will ensure effective implementation of the project within the required scope, budget and time frames. He/she will also be responsible for all the statutory approvals and manage the stakeholders related to the project.
- Is accountable for site safety and environmental standards during Project Construction.
- Finalize detailed design work undertaken by the primary contractors / engineers and project scope for the EPC contracts.
- Support the Commercial Manager in finalizing the EPC contracts.
- Recruit and subsequently manage the Project Team.
- Work with the Finance Department to finalize the $420M project budget, schedule and financial reporting systems.
- Develops the Project execution plan. Defines critical tasks and required resources.
- Reviews and approves the construction procedures for the project.
- Supervises and coordinates the schedule and procurement of materials, equipment and personnel for technical and administrative supervision.
- Review the progress of the construction program with the contractors.
- Weekly and monthly review of the EPC project with main area responsible involved in the project.
- Review and approves project operation and costs reports, manages the budget, allocates project resources.
- Reports formally to the Country Manager on a monthly basis with the monthly report comprising EPC engineering, budgets and safety.
- Acts as the main communication channel between the company and the contractors.
- Act as the bridge between upper management and the teams tasked with the actual execution of the project.
- Develops commissioning and operations training programs and operating manuals.
- Develops the commissioning schedule and implementation plan.
- Degree Qualified in a relevant discipline (Civil-Structural, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, or similar).
- Post Graduate qualification in Financial and/or Project Management (PMP) or equivalent is preferable.
- + 15 years relevant work experience in design and construction of large mining project or leading EPC projects.
- Working knowledge of Mexican environmental regulations.
- Advance Computer skills, Microsoft Office.
- Theoretical and practical project management knowledge.
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Team Player
- Strong communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Attention to detail
If your profile fits the position description, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org